This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
• Correctional Officers
• Childcare workers
• Security guards
• Maintenance workers
• School personnel
• Hotel housekeepers
• Health and fitness club staff
• Tattoo artists
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Students learn how to:
• Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
• Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
• Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
• Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
Students receive Participation Certificate upon course completion.
During this classroom-based course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons that reinforce the PACT acronym.
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Student Workbook (80-1491)